Bliss are searching for digital designer to join our team. This role entails a balance of design and front-end development responsibilities.
Show us that you understand how people use and build web and mobile interfaces, and can demonstrate your approach, embracing the fundamentals of UI design with a pragmatic application of UX techniques and standards. You'll be working with both development teams and clients who expect a consistently high standard of work.
Most importantly, we want someone who is always looking to better themselves, with a keen eye to detail, a desire to experiment and play, and remain positive when things get tough (which they rarely do).
So, if you feel you tick all the following boxes, what are you waiting for? Let's hear from you!
- Solid UI design abilities. Making products that look and feel great.
- Experience using design software such as Sketch, Adobe suite, or whatever suits you to get the job done.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and approaches to UXD. How to compile sitemaps, wireframes, personas, etc.
- Thorough semantic HTML, CSS and Sass (or similar) knowledge. Not relying on frameworks like Boostrap. You must feel comfortable being able to quickly and accurately implement your and other designers' visuals in code.
- Knowledge of Git version control, and modern best practices regarding merging and code reviews.
- A bonus would be knowledge of Twig, PHP, and CMS platforms such as Drupal (7/8), Wordpress, Squarespace or Shopify. But this isn't a deal breaker.
- Desire to constantly improve and experiment. We want our whole team to help drive us forward.
- Clear speaking and writing abilities. Communicating ideas effectively is an essential skill.
- Experience working within agile development teams, and directly with clients.
- Commitment to the values that define Bliss: To be honest, loyal, and nice; to be the best at what we do; and to understand and care about our customers.
Come on, let's see your CVs. Please apply below.